Marriage in Turkey is one of the matters of concern to foreigners in this country, especially Arabs, after the number of Arabs reached millions during the past few years and from various countries of the world, east and west, so it has become important for those wishing to stay for a long time in Turkey and settle in it to think about the legal procedures and steps for stabilization. Marriage is for foreigners, so you do not have to worry about this issue, as we have prepared in this article details that will satisfy the researcher for the purpose.
Marriage contract in Turkey:
It is a civil contract that is organized by the marriage registration offices in the municipality, which is the authority authorized to conduct marriage transactions in Turkey, in addition to the rest of the related arrangements. Sheikh ”.
Conditions for marriage in Turkey:
In order for marriage to be legalized in Turkey, Turkish laws impose several conditions on marriage applicants that must be fulfilled, namely:
* Ability to marry
It is measured by two basic factors, namely: mind and age
Married couples should possess the mental capacity sufficient to make the decision to marry, as mental illness is considered a barrier to establishing marriage in Turkey unless the person with illness or people with special needs obtains a health report from the hospital indicating his eligibility for marriage.
As for ages, the minimum permissible for marriage in Turkey is 18 years, and there is an exception for those who reach the age of 16, provided that one or both parents attend and sign, and this exception is regulated in the municipality.
With regard to marriage for those under the age of 16, it is considered contrary to Turkish laws, even if one of the parents agrees. Usually, the Turkish authorities in such a case separate the spouses, imprison the husband and the wife’s guardian and fine them financially.
Freedom from certain diseases
As some diseases may prevent marriage in Turkey, the most important of which are:
Mental illnesses such as epilepsy, insanity, hysteria and other related illnesses
Genetic diseases, especially between relatives
Chronic diseases such as AIDS or hepatitis
The spouses are also required to undergo a comprehensive medical examination that covers the aforementioned diseases to ensure their safety, in addition to fertility checks and blood compatibility between spouses.
* No existing marriage
Turkish law does not allow organizing a second marriage contract unless the first contract between the spouses is terminated, or more precisely, “Turkish law does not allow polygamy.”
In order for the wife to be allowed to marry a second marriage, the passing of 300 days "9 months" from the end of the first contract "divorce", and often this condition is not scrutinized much.
* Other conditions
The spouses should not be close in a way that prevents marriage, so the following types of marriage are prohibited in Turkey:
A father marries his daughter or son from his mother
Marriage to a maternal / aunt or uncle / aunt
Marriage to the children of a brother / sister
Homosexuality is forbidden in Turkey, so no such kind is documented in the Turkish state records and is not considered a valid marriage.
The papers required to confirm marriage in Turkey:
To start the procedures for marriage confirmation, the following required documents and papers must be secured:
- A copy of the passport, translated and certified by Notre in Turkey, "the writer in justice". It can replace the passport with a temporary residence card for Syrians in Turkey.
- A celibate or civil status document attested by the foreign country's embassy or consulate. This document is usually called a “no objection certificate”.
Lease contract, registration of souls, or any document proving housing in Turkey.
- A record extracted from the foreign country's embassy or consulate, to be translated and certified from the notar in Turkey.
A divorce certificate or a statement of death for the previous husband, in case the marriage was second.
Written consent from the husband's guardian if he / she is between 16 and 18 years old.
- Some municipalities in Turkey may request a poll document “proof of non-change of name”.
- The necessary medical reports.
Steps to fix marriage in Turkey:
The steps for fixing marriage in Turkey are as follows:
- The person prepares the documents necessary to confirm the marriage, translates what needs to be translated, and certifies what can be certified from the Notre Office.
- He goes to the municipality and fills out the marriage form, which is obtained from the registration office in the Marriage Department inside the municipality.
The following documents are submitted to the registration office:
* Personal photos of each of the suitors.
* A certified translated registration document for each of the suitors.
* Tenancy contract or proof of housing.
* The report of the medical examination for both spouses issued by one of the government hospitals in Turkey.
* The rest of the other required documents, according to the condition of the spouses.
- The form is delivered to the concerned employee with payment of all transaction fees in the presence of the suitors.
- After a short period, the municipality contacts the suitors and fixes the date of the marriage contract, which will take place in the municipality.
After that, the family book issued by the Turkish municipality will be delivered and translated into several languages as necessary.
Normally, you can finish all transactions within 20 days, including the deadlines you will be asked to do.